Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Starting Fresh

I've blogged before - before I had a child, before I was married, before I worked full time, before I was done school. Now it's after all those things.

I've been thinking about starting this whole blogging thing again for a few months now. In the sleepless hours of the night (feeding a growing 3 month old), there are countless thoughts, emotions, words floating around in my head, begging to be let out. Ask my family, I'm a talker. A talker who's now a full time mom with only Mister L to talk to most hours of the day. And while I love conversing with the 3 month old, he's not so interested in much more then eating, playing and sleeping. He's untouched by the more complicated parts of life and I'd love to leave it that way for as long as possible. (Insert jumble of emotions because  I never want my baby to grow up).

2 month ago I almost started a blog, I went as far as to make a list of things I could write about. 1 month ago I opened a new blog, picked a layout and background and never wrote a word. I convinced myself  I'm not a good writer and blogging should be left to people who are, and besides who would be interested in what I have to say anyway. In the last 2 week, two people close to me started blogging, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE reading them - they got added to my Google reader along with all the other blogs I read in the many (hours, minutes, seconds) I spend nursing.

Then the last few days, or should I say nights, I couldn't sleep. Mister L has been sleeping from 830pm - 330am and I wasn't able sleep until after 130am (which totally sucks when you know your up in less then 2 hours because someone needs a middle of the night snack). My husband kept telling me to turn my brain off and go to sleep, easy when your him, impossible when your me.

This blog is for me - an outlet for my thoughts, a place to empty my head, a record of the new chapter I'm in, a list of memories as Mister L grows. If you want to read it, welcome, I'm happy to have you but if no one ever finds this, it will still be worth it. It will help me sleep at night.

PS any guesses  on how long this'll last...

No comments:

Post a Comment